The tarpaulin and sticker film are supplied uncustomised to allow you and your children free rein with your creativity. Have our pictures inspired you? Patterns for the tarpaulin can be found in the assembly instructions for your climbing frame.
Climbing frame Wickey ArtFlyer
Wickey - That's why!
- 10-year guarantee¹
- Impregnated solid wood
- Made in Germany
- Digital assembly service
Climbing frame with swing and climbing attachment Wickey ArtFlyer
Please note! This is a promotional product and can only be purchased via this link. If you do not want to buy it immediately, we recommend that you save the link.
This offer cannot be combined with other discount codes.
About Wickey ArtFlyer
The flying artist's workshop of the ArtFlyer climbing frame opens early in the morning. Bursting with enthusiasm and creativity, the little painters embark via the steep climbing wall, grab the steering wheel and lift off. They seek out the perfect subject with the telescope and soon land in the middle of a beautiful flowering meadow. A few of the intrepid artists set themselves up at the picnic table, take out their watercolours and begin to paint the brightly coloured flowers. Others scale the climbing net with their pads for a better view of the panorama. When everyone has finished their work, they gather in front of the shop to enjoy a glass of fresh lemonade. Two of the artists relax on the swings and wait for the sun to set and provide a final spectacular view, before they all return home. Fly, Wickey, fly...!
Learn here, what makes Wickey so special.
|Platform height(s)||120 cm|
|Installation area||15,36 m²|
|Swing beam||9x9 cm|
|Length of slide||220 cm|
|Recommended quantity of sand||140 kg at a filling level of 60 %|
|Series / Post thickness||Wickey Flyer-Serie / 9x4,5 cm|
And it includes all of this
- Slide with water connection 220 cm
- 2 Swing seats incl. adjustable ropes
- 4 Swing hooks with plastic bearings
- Wooden swing connector
- Climbing extension
- Picnic table
- 5 Climbing holds
- 4 Plastic handles
- Racing steering wheel
- Inclined climbing ladder
- Straight climbing wall
- Wooden roof
- Shop with awning
- Sticker foil
- Wickey sticker
- Integrated sandpit
- All required screws
- Two-piece safety caps to cover screws
- Comprehensive assembly instructions for easy construction
Important product information
As wood is a natural product, its volume changes as it dries out or absorbs moisture, so we recommend you drill some wooden elements yourself to ensure a precise fit and stability.
Not recommended for children under 3 years of age
For domestic use only under direct adult supervision
The indicated measurements and colours may vary slightly
¹ The advertised guarantee is valid for all wooden parts if you purchase our anchors at the same time. In any other case, the statutory guarantee will apply. Further information regarding the scope of the guarantee and its enforcement can be found in our guarantee declaration.
At Wickey, we verify that all published reviews are from consumers who have actually purchased and/or used the products that we offer. The verification is done based on the order number.
* Required fields
|Suitable posts||≤ 9x9 cm||≤ 9x9 cm|
|Suitable for all soil conditions|
|Mounting on the inside possible**|
|Quick and easy assembly|
We recommend that all our anchors are concreted into position
* Stabilises the posts
** Anchor not visible from outside
SlideLock ground anchor for setting slides in concrete
Add the SlideLock slide anchor to your order to make your playground equipment extra stable.
Tips & Tricks
- Install the play tower and place it on the space designated. Please keep a safe distance in accordance with the installation instructions.
- Mark all post of the tower on the ground and dig frost-proof holes (Ø30 x T70 cm) into the soil.
- Place the play tower and install all the anchors, if possible on the hidden side.
- Support the anchor with stones or the play equipment with wooden wedges until the play tower is horizontal.
- Pour concrete up to about 10 cm below the surface. When the concrete is dry, the remaining hole can be filled with topsoil.
Get the best tips on our wooden products here
Solid spruce and pine wood from Europe give our playground equipment its individual character. As a sustainable material, they offer a natural look and are particularly durable outdoors. We place special emphasis on the responsible use and quality of our wood to ensure that your children can play safely.
Wood from Europe
- Most of our wood comes from domestic forests in southeastern Germany.
- For our playground equipment we use impregnated pine or spruce wood.
- Wickey wood stands for exceptional durability outdoors.
Natural and sustainable cultivation
- We place special emphasis on the quality and responsible use of our wood.
- Our wood grows slowly, which makes it harder and more durable.
- The impregnation makes the wood more durable and is biologically safe for humans, animals and plants.
A living material with optimal fitting accuracy
- It is perfectly normal for the volume of the wood to change due to moisture absorption/drying.
- Because of this, unpack your wood directly and let it dry for at least 2 days before assembly.
- Subsequently, some wooden elements should be pre-drilled by yourself to ensure accuracy of fit and stability.
- We recommend lightly sanding the edges created by the production process. Depending on the surface, choose sandpaper with a rougher or finer grit - light sanding is sufficient.
In our assembly video, you will find many helpful tips for the assembly of your climbing frame!
- Boiler pressure impregnation that protects against environmental factors increases the service life of your playground equipment.
- The wood is therefore particularly easy to maintain, as no additional sanding and painting are required, saving you effort, time and money.
- Due to the mixture of leaking resin and the ingredients of the pressure impregnation, greenish colouration may occur. This is completely harmless.
Immediately unpack the wood and allow it to dry for at least 2 days so that any moisture from the impregnation process is completely gone from the wood. This ensures optimal conditions for the next steps and the longevity of the wood.
- Knots, grains and pith are part of the natural characteristics of wood.
- Cracks with a length of up to ¼ of the sawn timber length and ¼ of the cross-section depth are statically harmless!
- Drying cracks are permissible according to DIN 4074.
Are the wooden parts of your playground equipment showing cracks? Send us a photo via our contact form. Our technical staff will be happy to advise you.
- Superficial white to greenish spots are harmless.
- They are caused by leaking resin and the ingredients of pressure impregnation, which collect on the surface.
- Their appearance will even out over time due to outdoor weathering.
Heavily affected areas can be lightly sanded!TIP
Do you prefer things to be colourful? Choose a colour that is safe for children and the environment, certified according to DIN EN 71 Part 3.
Wickey climbing frame videos
Find out what makes Wickey so special, be inspired by our collection of great product videos from our customers, or use our detailed assembly video to help with your climbing frame assembly.
Frequently asked questions
Are additional anchors required?
Our top priority is making sure that your little ones can play safely. To guarantee this, we recommend purchasing our anchors together with your climbing frame and anchoring them securely in the ground with concrete. As our in-house anchors are tested and quality controlled, our wooden components come with a 10-year warranty when they are used. Of course, if using other anchors, the 2-year legal warranty still remains valid.
Does every accessory fit every climbing frame?
Steering wheels, binoculars, etc. can be mounted onto every climbing frame, precisely where you think they work best. Slides, however, must of course fit the platform of your climbing frame and be installed according to the manufacturer's instructions. Please pay attention to the respective safety distances indicated.
How many kilograms (maximum) can a climbing frame bear?
With the following guidelines, you can get a general idea: our swings/crossbeams can be loaded with a maximum of approx. 100 kg, and our standard swing seats for children can bear approx. 50 kg. The maximum load for the individual platforms is approx.100 kg.
Which wood does Wickey use?
Impregnated Wickey wood made of pine or spruce is naturally and sustainably cultivated and is known for particular outdoor durability. It provides our products with a firm footing that ensures both fun and safety.
Do I need a foundation plan to construct my climbing frame?
A foundation plan is not necessary as our playground equipment is first fully assembled and then set in concrete in its final place. You can find more information about the construction of the basic frame in the question: "How is the base frame constructed and how are the anchors set in concrete?".
Is it necessary to pre-drill the holes for the screws?
Once the wood of your climbing frame has dried, we recommend pre-drilling holes before screwing in the screws. This minimises the risk of cracks appearing. This also prevents the alloy of the screws from being damaged and helps to avoid premature rusting.
How is the base frame constructed and how are the anchors set in concrete?
Proceed as follows when concreting in the anchors/erecting the base frame:
1. Assemble the base frame and place it in its final position. Please observe the safety distances indicated in the installation instructions.
2. Stake out the places around the posts where the base frame is to stand. Position the base frame so that all holes can be excavated easily.
Tip: the holes should be approx. 70cm deep and have a diameter of around approx. 30cm.
3. Mount the anchors on the inside of the posts.
4. Place the basic frame into its final position.
5. The climbing frame must be horizontally level. You can use stones or wooden wedges to achieve this.
6. Pour the ready-mixed concrete into the holes until they are filled to approx. 60cm. Make sure that only the anchors are covered with concrete, and that the posts remain free.
7. When the concrete has set, you can fill in the rest with topsoil.
Please ensure that the supporting posts of your climbing frame are in contact with the ground when concreting them in. Correct anchorage is necessary for the stability of your climbing frame and helps to prevent danger spots. It also protects your screws from premature rusting.
Can the playground equipment be constructed differently from the way described in the instructions?
As parents, the welfare and safety of your children is always your - and our - top priority. For this reason, we recommend that you construct our climbing frames as shown in our assembly instructions. Although almost all of our climbing frames are constructed and designed in such a way that they could be assembled mirror-inverted, you can avoid danger spots by assembling them according to the assembly instructions.
Can the courier help transport the playground equipment onto my property?
Delivery is to your curb - and then it's your turn.
How does delivery from Wickey take place?
We deliver our playground equipment to you via courier. Small accessories and items will reach you via parcel service.
Your question is not listed? Here you can view the complete FAQs
- 1 anchor set of 12 Pieces (Frame 6, Ladder 2, Climbing extension 4)
- Safety Tiles 30 Pieces
Note: We offer a 10-year warranty¹ on our wood if you purchase our anchors at the same time.