The tarpaulin is supplied uncustomised to allow you and your children free rein with your creativity. Have our pictures inspired you? Patterns for the tarpaulin can be found in the assembly instructions for your climbing frame.
Climbing frame Wickey StarFlyer
Wickey - That's why!
- 10-year guarantee¹
- Impregnated solid wood
- Made in Germany
- Digital assembly service
Climbing frame Wickey StarFlyer
About Wickey StarFlyer
Ladies and gentlemen, Pilot Wickey welcomes you aboard the fun Wickey StarFlyer! And it's time for take-off. Their destination today is Fantasy Island. Flying through the dense cloud cover, the courageous crew master the swaying ladder. With a glance through his telescope, Pilot Wickey discovers their fantastic destination. He reaches his crew quickly down the wave slide. Together they land the aeroplane on a small knoll and disembark via the Fly-net. On the island, they can hardly believe their eyes: lemonade rivers, giraffes made of pretzel sticks, and toffee trees. Time to explore. Fly, Wickey, fly…!
Expansion to double swing
- It is not possible to expand this model to a double swing.
- For an extra swing seat, we recommend our larger Flyer models.
Learn here, what makes Wickey so special.
|Platform height(s)||120 cm|
|Installation area||12,69 m²|
|Recommended quantity of sand||70 kg at a filling level of 60 %|
|Recommended quantity of cement||approx. 55 litres per post|
|Series / Post thickness||Wickey Flyer Series / 9x4,5 cm|
|Swing beam||9x9 cm|
|Length of slide||220 cm|
And it includes all of this
- Slide with water connection 220 cm
- Swing seat incl. adjustable ropes
- Rope ladder with wooden rungs
- 3 Swing hooks with plastic bearings
- Wooden swing connector
- Xtra-Net extension
- 5 Climbing holds
- 2 Plastic handles
- Inclined climbing ladder
- Straight climbing wall
- All-weather roof tarpaulin 650 g/m²
- Wickey sticker
- Integrated sandpit
- All required screws
- Two-piece safety caps to cover screws
- Comprehensive assembly instructions for easy construction
Important product information
As wood is a natural product, its volume changes as it dries out or absorbs moisture, so we recommend you drill some wooden elements yourself to ensure a precise fit and stability.
Not recommended for children under 3 years of age
For domestic use only under direct adult supervision
The indicated measurements and colours may vary slightly
¹ The advertised guarantee is valid for all wooden parts if you purchase our anchors at the same time. In any other case, the statutory guarantee will apply. Further information regarding the scope of the guarantee and its enforcement can be found in our guarantee declaration.
|Suitable posts||≤ 9x9 cm||≤ 9x9 cm|
|Suitable for all soil conditions|
|Mounting on the inside possible**|
|Quick and easy assembly|
Tips & Tricks
- Install the play tower and place it on the space designated. Please keep a safe distance in accordance with the installation instructions.
- Mark all post of the tower on the ground and dig frost-proof holes (Ø30 x T70 cm) into the soil.
- Place the play tower and install all the anchors, if possible on the hidden side.
- Support the anchor with stones or the play equipment with wooden wedges until the play tower is horizontal.
- Pour concrete up to about 10 cm below the surface. When the concrete is dry, the remaining hole can be filled with topsoil.
Get the best tips on our wooden products here
Like every natural product, wood also has individual characteristics. Here you can find out more about the wood characteristics of our products.
- Water is pressed into the wood through pressure impregnation
- Due to the impregnation, painting is not necessary
The impregnation may cause the wood to be damp. It is therefore advisable to unpack it after arrival and let it dry for at least two days.
Pre-drill the holes before inserting the screws. This minimises the risk of damaging the alloy of the screws.
- Superficial white to brownish spots
- Mixture of existing resin and ingredients of boiler pressure impregnation
- Fades over time due to the weather
Tip: Strongly affected areas can be easily sanded!
Cracks and branches
- Branches, grains and markers belong to the characteristics of the wood
- Dry cracking is permitted according to DIN 4074
Tip: Cracks with ¼ of the length and ¼ of the width are statistically harmless!
Swelling and shrinking
- Volume change due to moisture absorption/drying is typical of the wood
- To ensure accurate assembly, not all wooden parts are pre-drilled due to wood movement
Tip: Unpack your wood directly and let it dry for at least 2 days!
Frequently asked questions
Can the playground equipment be set up differently than described in the instructions?
While the hull of the climbing frame should always be built according to the assembly instructions, it is possible to interchange the position of the slide and ladder on all climbing frames, as long as they are installed at the same platform height and the necessary safe distances are maintained as indicated in the assembly instructions. For many climbing frames, accessories can also be mounted in mirror image. If you are not sure whether this applies to your playground equipment, our customer service team will be happy to help you. In addition, any modifications may compromise your warranty as well as the safety of your children.
Are there additional items that I should/need to order?
Anchors that can be concreted into the ground are a must. These are essential for ensuring that the climbing frame or swing is as stable as possible and that the 10-year guarantee on the wood can take full effect. The advertised guarantee is valid for all wooden parts if you purchase our anchors at the same time. In any other case, the two-year statutory warranty applies. Further information regarding the scope of the warranty and its enforcement can be found in our guarantee declaration.
Does every accessory fit every climbing frame?
Steering wheels, binoculars, etc. can be mounted onto every climbing frame, precisely where you think they work best. Slides must, of course, fit the platform of your climbing frame.
How many kilograms (maximum) can a climbing frame bear?
With the following guidelines, you can get a general idea: our swings/crossbeams can be loaded with a maximum of 100 kg, and our standard swing seats for children can bear 50 kg. The maximum load for the individual platforms is 100 kg.
How does delivery from Wickey take place?
We deliver our playground equipment to you via courier. Small accessories and items will reach you via parcel service.
Can the courier help transport the playground equipment onto my property?
Delivery is to your curb - and then it's your turn.
Your question is not listed? Here you can view the complete FAQs
Wickey climbing frame videos
Find out what makes Wickey so special, be inspired by our collection of great product videos from our customers, or use our detailed assembly video to help with your climbing frame assembly.
- 1 anchor set of 10 Pieces (Frame 4, Ladder 2, Swing set 4)
- Safety Tiles 20 Pieces
Note: We offer a 10-year warranty¹ on our wood if you purchase our anchors at the same time.