The tarpaulin and sticker film are supplied uncustomised to allow you and your children free rein with your creativity. Have our pictures inspired you? Patterns for the tarpaulin can be found in the assembly instructions for your climbing frame.
Climbing frame Wickey Prime The Dancing Dragon
Wickey - That's why!
- 10-year guarantee¹
- Impregnated solid wood
- Made in Germany
- Digital assembly service
Climbing frame Wickey Prime The Dancing Dragon
About Wickey Prime The Dancing Dragon
When dusk falls and the inhabitants of The Dancing Dragon climbing frame castle gradually settle down, you can see the shadow of the legendary dancing dragon in the sky. Determined to observe this exciting spectacle, the little adventurers embark on a journey they will never forget. They climb the gigantic castle walls and sneak nimbly over the suspension bridge. Then they continue, past torches and over the wobbly beam that leads to the watchtowers.
On the third watchtower, one of the little adventurers uses a telescope to peer through the streets of the majestic fortress. Down there in one of the little alleyways, a shadow seems to be moving! Delighted to be one step closer to the dragon, everyone speeds down the slide and grabs a torch on the way down to light the way. Quietly, the little troop of adventurers makes their way to the castle wall opposite, which they scale using a climbing net.
From here, they finally have the perfect view! Suddenly, a majestic dragon rises on the horizon. It spreads its wings smoothly and spirals higher up into the sky. Now the adventures can also see its scales sparkling beautifully in the moonlight in the most stunning colours imaginable. They gaze spellbound at the sky until the dragon finishes its dance and disappears beyond the horizon again. Wickey – Create your own adventure!
This climbing frame is part of our exclusive Prime collection. What makes it so special? In addition to a wide range of accessories, an above-average number of handles or durable screw caps, our designers have focused on exceptionally strong wooden elements during development. This makes climbing frames of the Prime series even more solid and safe.
Prime - adventure made perfect.
Please note that all wooden elements are supplied without any coat of paint.
Due to the size of the climbing frame, it must be set in concrete with angle or ground anchors. You can find the appropriate anchors in our shop. The two ground anchors supplied are suitable for fixing the wobble ladder and setting it in concrete.
Learn here, what makes Wickey so special.
|Platform height(s)||120 cm & 150 cm|
|Installation area||37,75 m²|
|Swing beam||9x9 cm|
|Length of slide||220 cm|
|Recommended quantity of sand||260 kg at a filling level of 60 %|
|Series / Post thickness||Wickey Prime-Serie / 9x9 cm|
And it includes all of this
- Slide with water connection 220 cm
- 2 Swing seats incl. adjustable ropes
- 4 Swing hooks with plastic bearings
- Wooden swing connector
- Gateway made from tarpaulin
- 4 torches made from tarpaulin
- 2 flags made from tarpaulin
- 15 Climbing holds
- 8 Plastic handles
- Ship's wheel
- 2 Telescopes
- Straight climbing ladder
- Inclined climbing wall
- Wobble ladder with climbing holds
- Solid, 44 mm thick staircase with handrail
- Balance beam
- 2 battlemented roofs
- 2 All weather roof tarpaulins 650 g/m²
- Wobbly bridge
- Shop with awning
- Scramble net
- Sticker foil
- Alphabet sticker sheet
- Wickey sticker
- Integrated sandpit
- incl. 2 ground anchors
- All required screws
- Two-piece safety caps to cover screws
- Comprehensive assembly instructions for easy construction
Important product information
As wood is a natural product, its volume changes as it dries out or absorbs moisture, so we recommend you drill some wooden elements yourself to ensure a precise fit and stability.
Not recommended for children under 3 years of age
For domestic use only under direct adult supervision
The indicated measurements and colours may vary slightly
¹ The advertised guarantee is valid for all wooden parts if you purchase our anchors at the same time. In any other case, the statutory guarantee will apply. Further information regarding the scope of the guarantee and its enforcement can be found in our guarantee declaration.
|Suitable posts||≤ 9x9 cm||≤ 9x9 cm|
|Suitable for all soil conditions|
|Mounting on the inside possible**|
|Quick and easy assembly|
Tips & Tricks
- Install the play tower and place it on the space designated. Please keep a safe distance in accordance with the installation instructions.
- Mark all post of the tower on the ground and dig frost-proof holes (Ø30 x T70 cm) into the soil.
- Place the play tower and install all the anchors, if possible on the hidden side.
- Support the anchor with stones or the play equipment with wooden wedges until the play tower is horizontal.
- Pour concrete up to about 10 cm below the surface. When the concrete is dry, the remaining hole can be filled with topsoil.
Get the best tips on our wooden products here
Like every natural product, wood also has individual characteristics. Here you can find out more about the wood characteristics of our products.
- Water is pressed into the wood through pressure impregnation
- Due to the impregnation, painting is not necessary
The impregnation may cause the wood to be damp. It is therefore advisable to unpack it after arrival and let it dry for at least two days.
Pre-drill the holes before inserting the screws. This minimises the risk of damaging the alloy of the screws.
- Superficial white to brownish spots
- Mixture of existing resin and ingredients of boiler pressure impregnation
- Fades over time due to the weather
Tip: Strongly affected areas can be easily sanded!
Cracks and branches
- Branches, grains and markers belong to the characteristics of the wood
- Dry cracking is permitted according to DIN 4074
Tip: Cracks with ¼ of the length and ¼ of the width are statistically harmless!
Swelling and shrinking
- Volume change due to moisture absorption/drying is typical of the wood
- To ensure accurate assembly, not all wooden parts are pre-drilled due to wood movement
Tip: Unpack your wood directly and let it dry for at least 2 days!
Frequently asked questions
Are additional anchors required??
Our top priority is making sure that your little ones can play safely. To guarantee this, we recommend purchasing our anchors together with your climbing frame and anchoring them securely in the ground with concrete. As our in-house anchors are tested and quality controlled, our wooden components come with a 10-year warranty when they are used. Of course, if using other anchors, the 2-year legal warranty still remains valid.
Does every accessory fit every climbing frame?
Steering wheels, binoculars, etc. can be mounted onto every climbing frame, precisely where you think they work best. Slides, however, must of course fit the platform of your climbing frame and be installed according to the manufacturer's instructions. Please pay attention to the respective safety distances indicated.
How many kilograms (maximum) can a climbing frame bear?
With the following guidelines, you can get a general idea: our swings/crossbeams can be loaded with a maximum of approx. 100 kg, and our standard swing seats for children can bear approx. 50 kg. The maximum load for the individual platforms is approx.100 kg.
Which wood does Wickey use?
Impregnated Wickey wood made of pine or spruce is naturally and sustainably cultivated and is known for particular outdoor durability. It provides our products with a firm footing that ensures both fun and safety.
Do I need a foundation plan to construct my climbing frame?
A foundation plan is not necessary as our playground equipment is first fully assembled and then set in concrete in its final place. You can find more information about the construction of the basic frame in the question: "How is the base frame constructed and how are the anchors set in concrete?".
Is it necessary to pre-drill the holes for the screws?
Once the wood of your climbing frame has dried, we recommend pre-drilling holes before screwing in the screws. This minimises the risk of cracks appearing. This also prevents the alloy of the screws from being damaged and helps to avoid premature rusting.
How is the base frame constructed and how are the anchors set in concrete?
Proceed as follows when concreting in the anchors/erecting the base frame:
1. Assemble the base frame and place it in its final position. Please observe the safety distances indicated in the installation instructions.
2. Stake out the places around the posts where the base frame is to stand. Position the base frame so that all holes can be excavated easily.
Tip: the holes should be approx. 70cm deep and have a diameter of around approx. 30cm.
3. Mount the anchors on the inside of the posts.
4. Place the basic frame into its final position.
5. The climbing frame must be horizontally level. You can use stones or wooden wedges to achieve this.
6. Pour the ready-mixed concrete into the holes until they are filled to approx. 60cm. Make sure that only the anchors are covered with concrete, and that the posts remain free.
7. When the concrete has set, you can fill in the rest with topsoil.
Please ensure that the supporting posts of your climbing frame are in contact with the ground when concreting them in. Correct anchorage is necessary for the stability of your climbing frame and helps to prevent danger spots. It also protects your screws from premature rusting.
Can the playground equipment be constructed differently from the way described in the instructions?
As parents, the welfare and safety of your children is always your - and our - top priority. For this reason, we recommend that you construct our climbing frames as shown in our assembly instructions. Although almost all of our climbing frames are constructed and designed in such a way that they could be assembled mirror-inverted, you can avoid danger spots by assembling them according to the assembly instructions.
Can the courier help transport the playground equipment onto my property?
Delivery is to your curb - and then it's your turn.
How does delivery from Wickey take place?
We deliver our playground equipment to you via courier. Small accessories and items will reach you via parcel service.
Your question is not listed? Here you can view the complete FAQs
Wickey climbing frame videos
Find out what makes Wickey so special, be inspired by our collection of great product videos from our customers, or use our detailed assembly video to help with your climbing frame assembly.
- 1 anchor set of 22 Pieces (Frame 20, Swing set 2)
- Safety Tiles 38 Pieces
Note: We offer a 10-year warranty¹ on our wood if you purchase our anchors at the same time.